Sunday, April 26, 2009

A new voice







With the nice weather yesterday, the windows in my house were open wide. I heard the birds singing and there seemed to be a new voice. This voice was a bit harsh and sounded angry. I followed the sound of this voice and found a bird I had not seen before. I looked him up in my book and found out he is a gray kingbird. Seems they live near the ocean so I am not sure how he got up here to the mountains. Maybe that is why he sounds so angry. Here are some pictures of him. Enjoy!
Update: I was mistaken. This bird is an eastern phoebe. Thank you for the correction Pam. I love being in a bird watching group. As a newbee to bird watching , being in a group helps me learn. The phoebe was back again this morning. He must have laryngitis. Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anne,

    That looks like an Eastern Phoebe, who also have that angry sound. There has been one around our house (Norwich) for the past week.

    signed,
    Another Taurus born in the year of the Rooster
    (I looked at your Etsy site!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Looking4. I hope you enjoyed the etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete